Friday, October 9, 2009

Im buying a Mac and I keep hearing about how they dont get viruses, will I still need an Anti-Virus?

My Dell is loaded with Viruses and I know that a Mac will be better but am I ok without anything else or should I get something and if so what?



Im buying a Mac and I keep hearing about how they dont get viruses, will I still need an Anti-Virus?nortin



Mac's do get viruses http://antivirus.about.com/od/macintoshr...



Just not as many as PC's!



Since you are planning on getting a new computer you might want to do what I had a friend do who never kept their antivirus-antispyware updated. Get whatever computer will work best for what you do OFF the internet. Then use your Dell Recovery CD and wipe the drive and reinstall windows and surf the net on it. Get a virus - then format and recover as you aren't keeping files on it.



Im buying a Mac and I keep hearing about how they dont get viruses, will I still need an Anti-Virus?pc security



There are Mac viruses, although they're few and far between.



Norton makes a version of their antivirus software for Macs. There's also a program called Virex that's supposed to be pretty good. Sophos makes one, too.



A Google search for "Macintosh antivirus" will find others.
The short and simple answer... Yes.



You should always have anti-virus AND anti-spyware programs on your computer, no matter what the operating system.

No comments:

Post a Comment