Monday, June 21, 2010

Should "MSN" emails have attachments that resemble viruses?

I recently got an email that appears to be from Microsoft. It says to confirm the cancellation of my account. I thought my account was cancelled a while back. There are no links in it, but there are several attachments that are suspicious. All of them are like %26lt;1 MB, which gave me a red flag. Aren't viruses usually that small? I checked it out a litle more on microsoft.com. I guess my account did expire. They say it lasts for 1 year exactly. I didn't know that. Can anybody give me some advice? I haven't opened the attachments as I don't see WHY I would need to. But other than that, the email looks legit. It uses my whole name, doesn't have any links, %26 agrees with My account info. on microsoft website.



Should "MSN" emails have attachments that resemble viruses?computer virus



yes they do send a cancel notice so it should be ok to open although you don't have to unless you want to renew the service.you keep that screen names for awhile after its cancelled



Should "MSN" emails have attachments that resemble viruses?free spyware remover



NO THEY SHOULD'T. I HAVE NEVER MET A VIRUS THAT DIDN'T LOOK LIGITIMATE. MOST OF THEM DO GET AROUND OUR ACCOUNT INFO. THEY ALSO USUALLY DON'T HAVE LINKS BECAUSE LINKS LEAD YOU BACK TO THE INITIAL SENDER. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF OPENING SIMILAR MAIL THINKING VIRUSES COULDN'T GET PASS MY PROTECTION. I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING. DELETE THE FILES. IT CAN SAVE OTHER IMPORTANT FILES ON YOUR COMPUTER, AS WELL AS A LOT OF MONEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment