Thursday, November 5, 2009

Is it true that Macintosh machines are less likely to get viruses?

I've heard that because Macs aren't as widely used as IBM PCs, they are less likely to be infected with viruses because seldom do people write viruses for them. I have a Mac and this would be great news for me. I was wondering if this has changed because Apple has created so many hardware breakthroughs, not to mention the hard drive in that new Macbook Air. Since Macs are becoming more widely used, am I at just as much risk as an IBM user? A higher risk than I realize?



Aw, do I have to stop opening infectious e-mails? Just kidding, lol.



Is it true that Macintosh machines are less likely to get viruses?vista



Hi, it all depends on the operating system on your computer. The intel Mac is just another regular computer with only one difference that it has a chip inside that identifies it as a Mac.



Mac OS X is a Unix based operating system just like Linux, and Unix has been known for good security and stability so u r safe. If u were to install Windows on your Mac then u would be again at risk.



You should always run a firewall and yes the number of attackers for Macs r increasing everyday. Trust me some of my friends continuously try to break in to OS X machines because of a hatred they have developed for Apple over the pc vs mac ads.



Good Luck and take care!



Is it true that Macintosh machines are less likely to get viruses?antispyware

No comments:

Post a Comment