Thursday, November 5, 2009

Does Trend Micro OfficeScan Client adequately protect me from viruses, adware, and spyware?

I scan everything I download with Trend Micro, and keep it well updated. Am I safe to download stuff on the web, ie will the scans "pick up" the viruses and spyware in the executable files/dll files?



Does Trend Micro OfficeScan Client adequately protect me from viruses, adware, and spyware?matchless



Hi there..



If I have said NO then don't shock. Because I myself realized that Trend Micro is not foolproof against latest viruses like Brontok and Sality. You are not safe coz I found a lot viruses and worms in Trend Micro installed computer. I'm not here for marketing purpose. You can read all posts at my website too. I have suggested AVG antivirus to you.



Want to learn more?



Please try to visit my website(Blog-%26gt; http://jansuworld.blogspot.com ).. Thanks!!



Regards..



Ashish Jansari



DAE | AFCEH



URL:http://jansuworld.blogspot.com/



Does Trend Micro OfficeScan Client adequately protect me from viruses, adware, and spyware?norton 2008



Mostly, but remember that your AV is about two weeks behind. A Zero-day virus will pass your AV.
Simply put, "NO".



....you need a more thorough security program than that.
I am using Trend Micro Office Client as well.As far as Scanning is concerned it is very good.But the Updating sequence is Pathetic.I mean by saying that I am unable to get connected to the Trendmicro server even after hitting the 'update' buttons repeatedly.The Trend Micro Office Client is provided by our service provider for free.And since I cannot uninstall it, I have to keep it.At the moment I am three pattern files behind.



So to counter that, I am using 'Avast 4.7 home edition' to counter this situation.I've been using this antivirus for over two and half years with excellent results.At the moment there are no conflicts between both them.They seem to compliment each other very well.......

No comments:

Post a Comment